Minneapolis Vacation Ideas
Water Park of America Vacation Itinerary
There are plenty of exciting things to see and explore in Minneapolis including the Mall of America, downtown Minneapolis, sports games, shopping, and of course the Water Park of America. Radisson Hotel Bloomington is a great place to stay near the Mall of America and downtown Minneapolis area. Here are some great ideas for a one-nighter, weekend getaway, or a fully packed family vacation in Minneapolis. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Minneapolis:
1 Day/Night Getaway
Treat the whole family to a fun and affordable getaway - without getting away - at Water Park of America in Bloomington, MN. Take advantage of our premier location at the intersection of I-494 and Highway 77/Cedar Ave, surrounded by entertainment and just a short shuttle ride from the world famous Mall of America®. Make the most of your day without once stepping into the cold:
Day 1: Make a Splash at the Water Park!
- 10:30 am - Grab your suit and drop off your bags (don't worry, we'll watch them for you)
- 11 am - Be one of the first to hit the waves at Water Park of America
- 2 pm - Light lunch with the whole crew at one of our three on-site Dining Options
- 4 pm - Head to the Arcade and see who can win the most tickets
- 6 pm - Meet up for family dinner at Split Rock Grille, located inside the hotel
- 7 pm - You call it: head to the room for movie night - OR - back to the park for more slides. Remember the Arcade is open late!
- 10:15 pm - Late-night surf lessons (limited-availability)
Water Park + Mall of America Weekend Getaway
Day 1: Water Park
- 10:30 am - Check in and grab a hot coffee or tea at the Sleepy Eye Café.
- 11 am - Get early access into the Water Park of America. (Don't miss out on short lines for the FlowRider and wave pool).
- 2 pm - Grab lunch at our water park restuarant.
- 3 pm - Take the whole family on the 10 story family raft ride
- 4:30 pm - Head to the Arcade and see who can win the most tickets.
- 5:30 pm - Catch a flick at the Theaters at Mall of America. (The Radisson provides a free shuttle to the Mall hourly from 9 am to 9 pm, departing at 30 minutes past the hour)
- 7:30 pm - Grab dinner at the Split Rock Grille. The Skillet Cornbread is not to be missed!
- 9 pm – Rest up for tomorrow's fun!
Day 2: Downtown Minneapolis
- 10 am - Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet at the Split Rock Grille.
- 11 am - Take the easy -to-use light rail to downtown Minneapolis.
- 11:20 am - Discover stores like C'est Chic Boutique, Macy's, and Love from Minnesota at Nicollet Mall. (Take the free METRO bus up and down Nicollet Mall daily).
- 2 pm - Make your way back into Bloomington by light rail.
- 2:20 pm - Head over to the Mall of America (Be sure to check out the Lego Store, Barbie Dreamhouse Experience, SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium, and A.C.E.S. Flight Simulator).
- 6 pm- Have dinner at Benihana, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Crave, Kokomo's Island Café, or one of the mall's 20 other full-service restaurants.
- 7 pm - Hit up the arcade for a night of competitive fun!
- 10 pm - Pack your bags and hit the hay so you get a good night's sleep before your trip home.
The Ultimate Minnesota Vacation
Day 1: Check-in, Mall of America & Nickelodeon Universe
- 10:30 am - Check in and grab a light breakfast at the Split Rock Grille.
- 11 am - Get into the park before everyone else and enjoy the short lines (if any)?
- 1:30 pm - Pick up lunch at one of our three Dining Options.
- 3 pm - Dry off with some games at the Northern Lights Arcade.
- 4:30 pm - Take the FREE shuttle to Mall of America.
- 4:45 pm - Let Dad and the kids romp around Nickelodeon Universe while Mom gets some much-needed retail therapy.
- 7:45 pm - Meet up for dinner at one of the Mall's 23 restaurants like the Hard Rock Café, Cadillac Ranch, and Famous Dave's BBQ.
- 8:30 pm - Squeeze in a quick jog overlooking the park from the 2nd floor fitness center.
- 9 pm - Free time with the family.
- 10 pm - Head to bed for your big day in the city!
Day 2: Downtown Minneapolis
- 10:30 am - Prepare for your day in Downtown with a breakfast buffet at the Split Rock Grille.
- 11 am - Take the Light Rail to Downtown Minneapolis.
- 11:20 am - Have a photo op at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
- 12 pm - Enjoy a one of a kind upscale lunch at CRAVE. (Remember, Kids eat Free Sundays).
- 1 pm - Get cultured at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Admission is FREE for everyone, every day!
- 2:30 pm - Rent a canoe and enjoy Lake Calhoun OR head to Theodore Wirth Park for snowboarding, skiing and tubing!
- 5 pm - Explore the tastes of Minnesota at Blackbird on Nicollet Mall for some celery/brie soup or fried Walleye, Minnesota's State Fish!
- 6:30 pm - See a production at the acclaimed Children's Theater Company.
- 8 pm - Have dinner at the Midtown Global Market. They have Wee Wednesdays with cooking classes for kids!
- 9:30 pm - Get to bed early and rest up for tomorrow.
- 10 am - Fill up on a hearty breakfast like an omelet and French toast.
- 10:30 am - Become one with nature at the Minnesota Zoo.
- 1 pm - Grab lunch at the Valley Diner.
- 2 pm - Entertain the kids with a trip to Science Museum of Minnesota.
- 3:30 pm - Admire the ruins of what was the country's largest flour mill at the Mill City Museum on the edge of the Mississippi.
- 5 pm - Head back to the park for a final night of wave riding and slides.
- 8 pm - Grab a meal at one of our three on-site Dining Options.
- 9 pm - Pack your bags and get ready to head home after a wonderful vacation in Minneapolis!